I focus my practice on breast care only. And, I love it. It’s very, very rewarding … I ended up being right where I want to be and I think this was really where I’m supposed to be. I’m doing what I want to do and touching the lives of women in the way that I want to.
Dr. Therese Cusick is a board-certified breast surgeon and Medical Director of Breast Care Specialists, a subdivision of Wichita Surgical Specialists.
“I focus my practice on breast care only and I love it. I have boxes of thank-you notes from patients that I’ve kept over the years. It’s a reminder to me that I have made a difference.”
Dr. Cusick specializes in risk reduction, early detection and treatment of breast cancer. She works in tandem with other experts to provide patients with an accurate diagnosis as quickly as possible and help them make the treatment decision that is right for them and their families.
Services at Breast Care Specialists include genetic testing and screening, breast biopsies, and lumpectomy and mastectomy surgery.
Special Surgical Interests
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Illinois College of Medicine; Peoria, Illinois; 1990-1994
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 1994-1999
- Postgraduate Education: Breast Care Center of the Southwest; Phoenix, Arizona
- American Board of Surgery; 2000 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Associate Professor: Department of Surgery Clerkship, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas
- Director of Surgery Student Clerkship: University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Association of Women Surgeons
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County