R. Joseph Nold , MD, FACS General Surgeon
What I find most rewarding is seeing the big changes we can make in someone’s life in a fairly short amount of time and seeing a problem, diagnosing it, fixing it, and then seeing that patient get on with their life.
R. Joseph Nold, MD, is a board-certified general surgeon specializing in surgical care for trauma, acute care and critically ill patients practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists.
“My goal as a surgeon is to do my best to ensure patients get safe, timely surgery and improve their wellbeing and their general quality of life.
A Wichita native, Dr. Nold received his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City. He completed his fellowship in trauma surgery/critical care medicine at the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.
In addition to trauma, surgical critical care and acute care surgery, Dr. Nold performs surgical endoscopy procedures and surgery for long-term venous access.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Main Office
818 N Emporia St., Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67214
Business Hours Telephone: 316-263-0296
Toll Free Telephone: 800-362-3130
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas; 8/94-5/98
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 7/98-6/03
- Fellowship: Trauma Surgery/Critical Care Medicine – R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center; Baltimore, Maryland; 7/03-6/04
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care; 2008 - Present
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2004 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Associate Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2012 - Present
- Director: Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Via Christi; Wichita, Kansas
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons