Wichita is a great medical community. There’s a wide variety of a great specialists here in Wichita, a lot of great patients, primary care doctors. It’s a great community to be a part of. It’s also, as many people know, a great community to raise a family.
Dr. Austin B. George is a board-certified general surgeon and a native of Wichita, practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists, P.A. His office is located in our Southeast location at Clifton Medical Center.
“I’m very patient-focused in my practice,” said Dr. George. “I try to give as much education as I can verbally, drawing diagrams, showing charts, and discussing expectations.”
Dr. George’s surgical interests include endocrine, gastrointestinal and hernia surgery; advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgery; surgical treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, melanomas, dialysis access; and endoscopy procedures.
He received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City and completed his residency in general surgery from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita.
Special Surgical Interests
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas; 2006-2010
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2010-2015
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2016
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Kansas Medical Society