Chad P. Ammar, MD, FACS Vascular Surgeon
What I find most rewarding in my practice is truly helping a patient who has sometimes life-threatening problems and trying to fix the problem and getting them back up into functional status, where they can do the things they want to do and enjoy life.
Chad P. Ammar, MD, is a board-certified surgeon specializing in vascular surgery, practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists.
“My goal as a vascular surgeon is to offer the best, most up-to-date treatment for my patients that is available,” said Dr. Ammar.
A native Wichitan, Dr. Ammar’s surgical interests include carotid surgery and stenting, abdominal and thoracic aneurysms, endovascular aortic stent grafts, limb salvage, balloon angioplasty, and dialysis access.
Dr. Ammar received his Doctor of Medicine at the University of Kansas School of Medicine; completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Kansas School of Medicine; and completed his fellowship in vascular surgery at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Kansas Heart Office Plaza, Suite 102
9350 E. 35th St. N., Suite 102
Wichita, KS 67226
Business Hours Telephone: 316-858-5000
Toll Free Telephone: 866-858-5001
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas; 2004-2008
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2008-2013
- Fellowship: Vascular Surgery – Eastern Virginia Medical School; Norfolk, Virginia; 2013-2015
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2014
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- American Medical Association
- Virginia Vascular Society
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery
- Southern Association for Vascular Surgery
- Society of Vascular Surgery