My philosophy for patient care has always been patient-centric. Everything that we do, the primary goal in the end is still the patient.
Ali Ahmad, MD, was Wichita’s first surgical oncologist, specializing in the diagnosis and surgical management of most types of cancer.
“Wichita is a vibrant and friendly community,” said Dr. Ahmad. “My decision to start my practice here was primarily inspired by the oncologic need of this community. Cancer is a tough diagnosis and caring for cancer patients requires a lot more than just the technical aspects of the treatment. It also requires compassion.”
Dr. Ahmad received his medical degree from Aga Khan University Medical College in Pakistan. He completed his residency at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine in New Mexico. He obtained a fellowship in surgical oncology from Boston University School of Medicine/Roger Williams Medical Center in Rhode Island.
Special Surgical Interests
- Medical Degree: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Aga Khan University; Karachi, Pakistan; 2001-2006
- Internship: General Surgery (Preliminary) – Brown University; Providence, Rhode Island; 2008-2009
- Internship: General Surgery – New York Medical College; New Rochelle, New York; 2009-2010
- Residency: General Surgery – University of New Mexico School of Medicine; Albuquerque, New Mexico; 2010-2014
- Fellowship: Surgical Oncology – Boston University School of Medicine/ Roger Williams Medical Center; Providence, Rhode Island; 2014-2016
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2015
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County