I know what it’s like for families to try to interpret everything that’s coming at them, and try to put that together; it’s important as a physician to be able to translate what we’re doing.
Thomas R. Resch, MD, is a double board-certified surgeon in general surgery and surgical critical care, practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists and Vein Care Specialists. He is extensively trained in the care of burns and wound management, and in both minimally invasive and traditional vein procedures.
“I always try to treat my patients as my family and maintain empathy,” said Dr. Resch. “I also think it is very important as a physician to be able to translate what we’re doing, to impart that, no matter what level or what part you play in a patient’s care.”
Dr. Resch was born and raised in Emporia, KS. He received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
Special Surgical Interests
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2004-2008
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2008-2013
- Fellowship: Burn Surgery – Johns Hopkins Burn Center; Baltimore, Maryland; 2013-2014
- Fellowship: Surgical Critical Care – University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center; Baltimore, Maryland; 2014-2015
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2014
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care; 2015
- Diplomate of American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (DABVLM); 2020
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Burn Association
- American Medical Association
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County