Sanjay G. Khicha, MD, FACS Cardiothoracic Surgeon
The enthusiasm and high level of job satisfaction that my father has as a surgeon inspired me to pursue medicine.
Dr. Sanjay G. Khicha is a double board-certified surgeon in general surgery and thoracic surgery. A proud Wichita native, Dr. Sanjay Khicha returned home after completing his residencies so he could practice alongside his father, Dr. Gyan Khicha, at Wichita Surgical Specialists.
“I really want patients to understand that the purpose of cardiac and thoracic surgery is not only to prolong your life but to get you back to living your life the way you want … spending time with the people you care about and enjoying the activities you want,” said Dr. Khicha.
One of Dr. Khicha’s surgical specialties is a TAVR – transcatheter aortic valve replacement, which is a minimally invasive procedure to treat severe aortic stenosis. A new valve is inserted to open the aortic valve.
Special Surgical Interests
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Surgery for Atrial Fibrillation
- Mitral Valve Repair Surgery
- Aortic Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Thoracic Stent Graft Surgery
- General Thoracic Surgery, Including Lung Cancer & Benign Lung Disease
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Kansas Heart Office Plaza, Suite 103
9350 E. 35th St. N., Suite 103
Wichita, KS 67226
Business Hours Telephone: 316-858-5000
Toll Free Telephone: 866-858-5001
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – Tulane University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana; 6/99
- Residency: General Surgery – Boston University Medical Center; Boston, Massachusetts; 7/99-6/02
- Residency: General Surgery – Ochsner Clinic Foundation; New Orleans, Louisiana; 7/02-6/04
- Residency: Cardiothoracic Surgery – Ochsner Clinic Foundation; New Orleans, Louisiana; 7/04-6/06
- Fellowship: General Thoracic Surgery & Thoracic Transplantation – Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; 7/06-6/07
- American Board of Surgery; 2005 - Present
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery; 2008 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2007 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons