Dr. James M. Haan is double board-certified in general surgery and surgical critical care, practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists, P.A.
Dr. Haan provides surgical care for critically ill and trauma patients. He is also highly skilled in splenic injuries and geriatric trauma.
He remains up to date on new procedures and techniques to better serve patient and their surgical needs. Dr. Haan also believes in the importance of mentoring and training future surgeons and is a professor in the department of surgery at the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
Special Surgical Interests
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Michigan Medical School; Ann Arbor, Michigan; 7/88-6/92
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics; Iowa City, Iowa; 6/92-6/97
- Fellowship: Trauma Surgery/Critical Care Medicine – R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center / University of Maryland Medical Center; Baltimore, Maryland; 7/97-6/98
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 1998 - Present
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care; 1999 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2008 - Present
- Medical Director, Trauma Services: Via Christi; Wichita, Kansas
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Med Chi Maryland State Medical Society
- Phi Rho Sigma Medical Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Southeastern Surgical Congress
- Western Trauma Surgical Association